We are hiring
Simulation Software Engineer and Technical Lead – Rail Simulators
Become part of a dynamic and growing team developing cutting edge software that creates a real-time simulation experience for railroad engineers in pursuit of training certification.
You will lead a diverse skill set team of simulation product development professionals. More specifically, in this role you will be responsible for the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) of CORYS rail simulation products. This is a fast paced yet highly rewarding position for a talented and experienced software engineer that has held a team leadership role.
- Technical customer liaison, responsible for contractual requirement compliance
- Create, modify and configure train simulation software in C++ for a wide range of training devices, from full-scale motion-based simulators to desktop portable devices and cloud solutions.
- Troubleshoot and debug the code base using Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Lead the Hardware / Software Development and Integration phase of projects
- Participate in device installation, testing, and corrections with our team and our customers
- Create software updates and test before deploying to our client
- Provide technical leadership to the team of engineers and technicians working in your project
- Participate in maintenance and technology upgrades
- Recommend ways to enhance efficiency and productivity
- Minimum of five years C++ work experience using Microsoft Visual Studio
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or two additional years of work experience
- Strong troubleshooting, debugging and object-oriented programming skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-starter that can work with minimal oversight
- Quick to acquire new knowledge and skills
- Able to infrequently travel to customer sites for meetings, installations, and upgrades
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- PHP, Perl, SQL, XML, Python, and batch scripting languages
- Excellent team player with the ability to work within a collaborative environment
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Creative, resourceful, and innovative problem solver
- Proficient in English for oral and written technical communications
- Experience in modeling and simulation and knowledge of the railway industry are a plus
- Team leadership experience with a desire to grow and improve all team members
- Remote work options
- Excellent benefit package, for example – if single 100% of the medical, dental, and visual monthly premium is paid for by the company. If not single Corys subsidizes 75% of the cost.
- Generous 401k match
- Annual bonus potential
- Industry leading salary – Jacksonville reference
- Pet friendly work place (except snakes)
Permanent - full time
Jacksonville, Florida, USA
CORYS, Grenoble-based SME of 200 people, the world’s leading player in dynamic simulation for the training and engineering of complex systems in the nuclear energy production, process industries and rail transport markets.
CORYS offers innovative and high-tech solutions (Dynamic Modeling, Synthetic Images, Cloud, Artificial Intelligence, etc.).
To date, more than 3,700 simulators used on 5 continents give CORYS a reputation recognized by all of its customers.
In a privileged working environment within the Presqu’ile Scientifique in Grenoble, our employees share a dynamic team spirit based on mutual aid and trust.In summary, CORYS is an agile, dynamic company with high technicality, friendliness and exciting jobs that generate internal experiences and opportunities.